American Property Maintenance, LLC (APM) is providing contract maintenance services to nonprofit Human Service Organizations specializing with caring for individuals with mental health and other physical disabilities. Our clients have numerous residential properties within Baltimore and Hartford County. Our services include providing general maintenance repairs which may include such items as painting, drywall repairs, replacing garbage disposals, ceiling fans, appliances, light plumbing repairs to fix a faucet leak or replace a toilet flush kit, installation of bathroom grab bars and more.
We also handle larger renovation projects where your assistance may be required as part of a larger team. These projects include building wheelchair ramps, carpentry framing, and installation of drop ceiling systems, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and other trade skills related to home improvement. In addition, we also provide yard care services which include: grass cuts, trimming shrubbery, mulch and routine gutter cleaning.
- Full-time position
- Performs maintenance and repair work for all APM contract locations in Baltimore and surrounding areas
Essential Tasks And Responsibilities
- We are looking for someone who has exceptional handyman skills and a basic knowledge in light carpentry, electrical, plumbing and flooring etc.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance tasks such as HVAC filter changes, drain and sewer clean out, adjusting and checking mechanical systems
- Maintains and repairs or replaces mechanical systems including: stoves, dishwashers, washers, dryers, refrigerators, microwaves, hot water heaters, plumbing fixtures, electrical systems, etc.
- Painting and drywall repairs
- Furniture assembly, hanging curtain rods and replacing window blinds
- Performs some landscaping and lawn care (optional).
- Answers emergency calls in a timely manner
- Additional responsibilities presented upon application
- Must have a knowledge, skill and ability to perform a variety of general maintenance tasks in the areas of plumbing, electrical and carpentry
- High School degree or GED plus 5 years maintenance experience
- Must own a work vehicle i.e. pickup truck or utility van preferred
- Must own basic tools to perform daily duties
- Must pass basic pre-employment background check
- PPA will pay an hourly rate based on experience
- We will also compensate for driving your vehicle from job to job
- Employee will be paid for standard company holidays
To Apply: Email resume to bgagnon@GoAPM.net